6 WAYS TO AMP UP YOUR VACATION SEX
Make sure your next trip is as good as your honeymoon.
Vacations are essential for couples, especially when life makes it nearly impossible to connect on the level that\’s crucial to enhance intimacy. Sure, there will be time for swimming, tanning, hiking, biking and shopping, but don\’t forget the most delicious part of time away: Vacation Sex.
Since vacations are synonymous with relaxation, and stress is one of the biggest killers of women\’s sex drive, make this summer\’s getaway a win-win for your sex life and your relationship. With none of the usual stressors to hold you back, vacation is the perfect chance to rekindle that fire. No Netflix, no phones, no excuses.
Here, six ways to guarantee that this trip feels just like your honeymoon.
1) Get in the right mindset. Pick a destination that makes you feel sexy: Disney cruises are great for the family; not so great for your libido. So much about feeling sexy is your mindset, so your assignment leading up to the vacation is to stop worrying about a spray tan or bikini wax (those come later!) and focus on sex. How do you want to feel? What do you want to try? Spend a few moments each day considering these questions and putting yourself in a romantic and intimate place, both physically and mentally.
2) Pack like it\’s hot. Oversized tees and sweats are banned on this trip. Be mindful to only pack items that make you feel sexy. Dig out that pile of “special occasion” lingerie tucked in the back of your drawer because that occasion has arrived.
3) Make a sexy bucket list. Even if you\’re having amazing sex on a regular basis, the key to maintaining it is to switch up your sexual repertoire. Start by thinking of a few things you\’ve always wanted to try but have been too shy, too busy or too stressed to actually put into action. Been wanting to test a new sex position or toy? Now\’s the time. Once the vacation is planned, tell him you\’d like to exchange sexual bucket lists. Be sure to go over your lists a few days before departure so you\’ll both get excited—the best part of this game is that you both have something new to look forward to. You might not get all the way through your lists on this trip, but you\’ll have fun trying.
4) Gear up. You\’ll need to pack the usual suspects like swimsuits, sunblock and sandals, but toss in some crucial accoutrements that will make you ready for anything and anywhere your imagination takes you. Create a sensual vacation kit filled with sensual massage oil candles, your favorite music (make a playlist just for the occasion), sex toys, lubricant, bath salts and your favorite chocolates. Have the concierge deliver flowers before you arrive. Make sure the room has a calming, relaxing and, of course, sexy atmosphere. When your senses are ignited, you can\’t help but get in the mood.
5) Explore inside and out. Definitely explore your new surroundings, but make time for some bedroom exploration as well. Remember when you first started dating? You spent hours in bed kissing, exploring each other\’s bodies, and having long, leisurely sex. Well, it\’s time to find your way back to that passion. Start by skipping the expensive spa day and treat each other to sensual massages (no special skills required, happy endings encouraged). It\’s as easy as lighting some massage candles and taking turns lying face down on the bed. Blindfolding your partner with a scarf or tie is a great way to begin because whenever you take away one sense, the others senses become more heightened. The massage candles are not only great for scent and ambiance, but they quickly turn into luxurious warm oil that feels amazing when poured and massaged all over the body. Search for new erogenous zones and find some hot spots that turn you both on.
6) Pump up the adrenaline. Sharing an exhilarating experience will cause your adrenaline to rush which creates feelings of intimacy and lust. Take a day to try a new activity you\’ve never done before (this time I\’m talking outside the hotel room). Activities like hiking, surfing and skydiving will get your blood pumping, making you more amped up when you get back to your room. Think of it like a day of foreplay that leads to a night of passionate sex. The novelty and spontaneity of trying something new are the essential keys to desire (and that hot sex you had in the beginning).
Dr. Emily Morse is a sex and relationship expert with degrees in human sexuality and psychology. She runs the popular website sexwithemily.com and is the host of the top downloaded podcast Sex with Emily.